Friday, January 15, 2016

Birthday card with an adorable elephant

Happy friday!

Today I want to share a card with you which I've made using the Adorable Elephants stamp set from MFT.
To make this card I took the sketch from the latest MFT Sketch challenge #263, and used the color palette of the ColourQ #324 .



To start off I cut circles in various size from a scrap paper using my Cricut. I used it as a stencil to sponge some Distress inks (Mowed lawn, Twisted citron, Tumbled glass, Peacock feather) on the card base so that it can show the horizontal panel in the sketch. The elephant was stamped in black and colored with copics which I've got as a christmas gift :)!!! It was my first try with this marker. After I fussy cut the elephant, I cut a balloon from a silver glitter paper, tied some soft green twine on the balloon and gave it to the elephant. I mounted the elephant and the balloon using some foam tape.
The sentiment is also from the same stamp set. I stamped it on a vellum using StazOn black ink, cut to a banner and adhered it slightly curled on the card base and to the twine.
To finish off the card I added some clear sequins and colored a shadow of the floating elephant with copics.

When I was making this card, I had some other challenges in mind where I love to play along.

Challenges:





Thank you for stopping by!
Have a restful weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Hi TaeEun, thus card makes me smile. He looks adorable and love how you added the dimension and twine so he really looks like is flying! Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how darling, Tae Eun! I love your stenciled circles with your sparkly balloon, and your elephant is just adorable! Beautiful Copic coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so adorable! What a cute elephant and your sponged background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tae Eun you are so clever. I love love the look of this card. totally brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, congrats on your LIM win! And this looks like another winner to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable. That is a fantastic design for a balloon card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good golly, Tae Eun! That baby elephant is just the cutest little thing... ever! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, I love the circle background you inked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that elephant! Great colors!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Tae, I love your circle background! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely adorable TaeEun and I'm so jealous that you have those cute elephants!! Love the idea of using the circles as stencils and the colours are perfect. And you did a wonderful job colouring the elephant too. Always so happy to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card. Love that sweet elephant image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my how cute this is! I love your color palette and layout too, such a wonderful card! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is Super TaeEun! I love the way you did the sentiment on the vellum and that adorable elephant too! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you and your wonderful work in the gallery again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this is perfectly adorable!! Love it to bits! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is ADORABLE!!! I love how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats for getting HM at Time Out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!