Thursday, July 6, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Red, White and YOU

Hello and happy Thursday! 

Two weeks fly by like wind :)! It is already time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday!
The Toppings option for next fortnight is Red, White and YOU(color of your choice)! 


The color of my choice is blue and I made a patriotic birthday shaker card.


I started off by making a cutting file for a star with comet tail and cut it from a white card stock with my Cricut. For the background I colored a watercolor panel using Gansai Tambi watercolor in blue for the star and in red for the comet tail. I splattered blue and red watercolor on the front panel and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in Parisian Blue and True Navy. I adhered a clear acetate to the shaker window and assembled the shaker card by adding some blue and red star sequins as my shaker elements. I chose a red card base for my card and finished it off by adding a red star sequin.



That's it from my side. Now it's your turn! Choose one color and add to white and red to create your project! Looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery!

Don't forget to stop by Seize the Birthday blog for more inspirations from my team mates and our new Surprise Party Guest Lindsey from Bashful Blogging!

Thank you for visiting me today!
Have a happy day!
TaeEun

12 comments:

  1. Love your original design! You have inspired me to use my cameo more...not enough hours in the day! This shaker card is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, festive & beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea TaeEun and the star and comet tail shaker works beautifully. The blue and red tones work well together too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This the most unique and beautiful design among July 4th themed cards I've seen these days. Love the nice coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This the most unique and beautiful design among July 4th themed cards I've seen these days. Love the nice coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular card, TaeEun!! Really! The watercolor seems like it is actually foil! I love how you've added so many stars in so many elements, and so subtly too! Stunning design and execution, TaeEun! You've made me a fan!! :)
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a magical shaker card. Love the sprays of blue and red on the tail. Very unique and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the star shaker with those red accents. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, TaeEun! Love the use of negative space and your watercolored background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such an awesome card! Great colours and design. It's great to be joining you for the next few challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh!! this is amazing TaeEun! I love the way you design cards : ) I wanna be just like you when I grow up heeheehee

    Perfect shaker element and coloring! perfect!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your much appreciated comments!